Asbestos is a category of heat-resistant material that were used ages ago in America during construction works. It goes without mentioning a material that is heat-resistant and fibrous may not be very safe when humans are exposed to it no wonder it has led to a myriad of medical conditions. Statistics have it that over 2 million tons of this harmful products are consumed and get exposed to humans throughout the world. In a world where asbestos seem to be everywhere, no doubt it would be best to familiarize yourself with some hard truths and facts about asbestos as explained here.
Fact one about asbestos is that they can be found anywhere and everywhere that you could ever imagine. From the soil to the water and even the moving air, they are just about to present in every single thing. Asbestos are also present in heaps of wastes that contain asbestos particles as well as in factories or mines. But you should know that the air you breath is the biggest form of exposure that you get when it comes to asbestos. It is no wonder you need to do thorough asbestos testing to ensure you are not exposed to these harmful particles.
Asbestos exposure has been documented as a major cause of the toes and fingers clubbing. You will know your fingers and toes have started to club when the surrounding skin starts to harden and thicken. This is normally brought about when the supply of oxygenated blood to the toes and fingers is significantly compromised leading to bulbous, club-like deformities. It is highly recommended you seek urgent medical attention should you notice any slight change in the appearance of your fingers and toes. As you continue to research more on asbestos, you will discover that continuous exposure to the same can lead to cancer. More research is required, but you should know that cancer is a life-threatening condition especially when it is mesothelioma and such like deadly types of cancers. Sadly, it may take quite a long time before the cancer signs and symptoms show up.
A website that documents more on asbestos should mention that this rare building and construction material cannot be broken down into any other chemical. What this means is that asbestos can never be metabolized meaning they cannot also be absorbed in your body. Now you understand why some signs and symptoms may start to show their ugly face sometimes even after 50 years of exposure. Now, when you have all this information with you, you will be better placed to make the right decisions when it comes to protecting yourself and your loved ones.